Kemper Home Service Companies - Worst customer service ever

2.3
Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

Been trying to get a policy loan for the last 3 1/2 months. Sent in 2 applications, now have to send a third.

I keep getting excuse after excuse that the paper work isn't correct. Instead of telling you everything you need the first time, they tell me something new every time I send in a request. It's near impossible to get someone on the phone when you call. You'd better call early in the morning, because they'll have you on hold until they close.

What company's answering machine says the wait is 2 1/2 hours long?

I hope they don't put me thru this when I file a claim. While writing this review, I've been on hold over an hour.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kemper Home Service Companies Customer Care.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 12.

Kemper Home Service Companies - DO NOT BUY KEMPER HOME INSURANCE

1.8
Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

I bought a new house in 2016. I did own a house prior to this in the same area for last 10 years.

My agent told me that there is a KEMPER insurance that you can buy. I had Metlife on my previous house and it was excellent. We had a big golf ball size hail event on March, 26 in Dallas. I called several roofers to look at my roof and they all found damage with pictures.

Most of them came with a bill of anywhere from $26000-$30000 replacement cost since it is a big roof with pictures showing the damage. When I filed the claim the Kemper send their own employee to do the damage assessment instead of sending independent consultant. He mentioned there is zero damage and when I called him he said the storm was not really there. There are 9-12 roof replacement going on in my neighborhood for the same day damage (These are all new homes).

When I complained to the agent who buys insurance for me she wrote to Kemper Supervisor. After two more roofers assessment they KEMPER agreed to do a independent assessment by a third party "LADDER NOW". The day of assessment LADDER NOW showed up without informing us and got on my roof and the same employee of the KEMPER insurance also got on the roof which by rule he should not be there during the inspection to begin wiht. He than called me next and said that there is zero damage while 4 roofers showed pictures of the damage.

This employee of KEMPER INSURANCE was unprofessional and did not follow the insurance protocol. I am buying new insurance but BEWARE try to get a better insurance even if you have to pay a few hundred dollars more to protect your HOME.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kemper Home Service Companies Homeowners Insurance.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Unprofessional business ethics, Customer service and unprofessional services denial of services.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 22, 2017.